By signing the CAFLON RELEASE FORM, AUTHORISATION AND EAR PIERCING APPLICATION. I declare I have read and understand the following information:
- Wash hands thoroughly before touching studs to ear
- Cleanse front and back of the ear 2 times a day with CAFLON Natural Solution without removing studs. Then rotate studs 2 or 3 times, 180° left and 180° right. i.e. a half turn only, thus avoiding hair wrapping around the post at the back of the lobe. in between cleansing, the ear should be kept DRY.
- Keep hair spray, soap, shampoo, and other preparations away from the ear. After shampooing, the ear should be rinsed with clear water and then cleansed with CAFLON Natural Solutions as described above.
- The piercing area should be CLEANSED with CAFLON Natural Solutions then kept DRY, especially after bathing, swimming or exercise.
- Remove studs or handle your ears and/or studs unnecessarily.
- Push the butterfly along the post towards the ear - the butterfly must always be positioned at the tip of the post. Feel the position each time you clean the ear - It must feel smooth. This ensures that the earring remains LOOSE during the healing period. This is essential as tight may lead to inflammation.
- Leave studs in the ears for 6 weeks continuously (12 weeks for cartilage)
- After 6 weeks (12 weeks for cartilage ), the stud can be removed and other post-type earrings may be worn continuously.
- Use only post-style earrings continuously for the first 6 months from piercing. The post should be surgical stainless steel or other hypo-allergenic material.
*Minor pain/redness may occur immediately - this is normal. This will settle within 48 hours provided proper after-care is carried out. If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs at any time, seek medical advice before removing the ear-piercing stud.
- Due to the nature of ear cartilage, extra care should be observed during the healing period.
*Minor pain/redness may occur immediately - this is normal. This will settle within 48 hours provided proper after-care is carried out. If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs at any time, seek medical advice immediately. Do not remove studs before the relevant medical advice. Failure to properly follow after-case procedures or to seek immediate medical advice, should a problem occur, may result in permanent damage to the ear cartilage.